Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Looking Back at 2005 to Look Forward to 2006

Introspecting on a retrospect of 2005, provides me a perspective on a prospective outlook for the new year. Say what?

The subject is "I had a good year". Though I worked harder and had some personal and career difficulties, when you add it all up, it was a good year.

Though at times, we bemoan the circumstances of our life, Providence seems to direct our steps and makes everything right at the right time. What seems like a setback may really be just a course correction. It's the long view of life (eternal?)that gives you the right perspective. Rather than bemoan what seems like a setback, how great it would be to rejoice in the circumstances that will take you to your appointed purpose(s). To have no purpose for being would be illogical. No one is unimportant. We are all really, really important beings strategically placed in the country, the state, the city, the family and the work. we find ourselves,interfacing with other people placed strategically and therein lies the stage that is set for the high drama of life.

If I look at the things that happened in 2005 as viewed from the places I've been and the people that I met and got to know, and dealt with the circumstances that I had to deal with, then I would have to be optimistic about a new year. There can only be a good year ahead. To the critics of my "Pollyannaish" attitude and my "It's Wonderful Life" outlook, I would say concede that I am the first to begin to sink when my boat is hit by the torpedo of circumstances, but at least I have the hope of rescue.

All that read herein, I pray will have a prosperous and happy new year!

1 comment:

Mom said...

wow what a wonderful blog..it made me feel better just reading it..I came across your blog looking for pictures of the snow. good pics BTW