Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Dream I Had

I had a dream the other night and I thought that I would post it on this blog. It goes something this...

I was driving in my car (2001 Jetta TDI) and I turned left and start to go up a hill, when I see some money (tens, fives) in the street. I stop on the hill to go back and get it, but notice just before I do, that there is whole bunch of money laying on the street up ahead. So I ignore the small amount for the large amount and proceed up the hill, stop, get of the car and then look for the money, but there is none. It has disappeared. As I look towards a park with trees near the street, I see what I think is a snowball coming right at me, but it is an apple (Granny Apple to be precise), but it does not hit me and does not land. At that point, the sky is full of green apples in all directions. There are apples going parallel in the sky above me. Quite a scene. It seems to me that there are people unseen throwing these objects at me, but not really. Not one of the thousands and thousands of apples hit me and they don't land and bounce. They just sort of disappear somehow as they come near me or the ground. At some point, the apples being "thrown" cease and I see a multitude of young men wearing white dress shirts unbottoned and untucked coming out of the park and coming down the hill behind me. It seems that they are converging on me, but they are not focused on me, but are coming to the point where I am. They all seemed to be discontent and unhappy. It seems that they are like a gang or gangs. Since I am not sure of their intent to harm me or if they will turn on me, I move back towards the car for protection.

At that point, I woke up wide awake. I have no idea if it means anything, but it sure was vivid. What would Freud or Jung say about this one?

No comments: