Friday, August 10, 2007

The Job Transition

It has been 3 weeks since I started at Ball Aerospace. Ball is a nice place to work and I feel at home...a bit clumsy perhaps, but it is comfortable. I've had to reset my heart rate from high to medium. There is a deliberateness about this place that was not at Qwest, which runs a hundred miles an hour. Ball seems to run on its own rate.

My boss is very nice guy also and has gone out of his way to assist me in the transition. We spent the last couple of days meeting people at various Ball sites to meet and greet me. I am a bit humbled that these people take the time to meet with me and find out what I'm about. Interestly enough, I have encountered some people from my old days in Boulder at Ball. It was very good to see them and nice to be remembered by them.

It's only 3 weeks, but so far so good. I hope I can say that after 20 years.

No comments: